5 (tested) Uses for Coconut Oil in Your Beauty Regime



5(tested)Uses for Coconut Oil in Your Beauty Regime





Being a nurse, and having had some lessons in biology, pharmacology, nutrition, as well as anatomy/physiology - I am a skeptic when one thing claims to be a 'cure all'. Coconut oil has gained quite the reputation over the last couple of years for being a "miracle food". But what about the science that backs these claims? Well, there isn't a whole lot. However, I have found it to have several benefits in my beauty regime that didn't require a lab to figure out.


The cute jars seen in these pictures were purchased at Hobby Lobby on their 50% off all glass day, and were around $1/each




Here are my 5 favorite uses for coconut oil:

  1. Deep Conditioner - I have very dry and brittle hair at times. After using this on the ends of my hair and letting it sit over night, it made a huge difference in my hair after washing it the next day. My ends were softer, shinier, and had bounce!
  2. Moisturizer - This is a great one to use on cracked elbows, heels, and hands. My sister-in-law makes ADORABLE lotion bars using coconut oil (featured in the pictures). You can find a basic recipe, here
  3. Makeup remover - Since most makeup is oil-based, oil works great for breaking it down. An added benefit of using this for eye makeup removal it that more moisture = less wrinkles. Your makeup will wipe off effortlessly, and it won't burn if it gets in your lash line. Which leads me into my next use..
  4. Eyelash conditioner - After using this as an eye makeup remover for a week or so, I noticed that my lashes were breaking off less, and curling nicely. Because of that, they were looking a lot fuller!
  5. Deodorant - Extra virgin coconut oil smells amazing, can be put in an old deodorant stick and used when in a solid state (keep out of your car in the summer), and because of the possible antifungal/antibacterial properties of the lauric acid it contains, it can help ward off the nasty smells that bacteria growth can warrant. When I used this as a deodorant, it smelled great, lasted the day, and kept my armpits soft and conditioned, which really helped when using a razor to shave. 



Hopefully, there are 5 less products you need to buy after reading this and testing it out for yourselves!


-Bekah

2 comments:

  1. Love it Bekah! You can use it for oil-pulling too (kind of like a mouthwash). I'll have to try that recipe for the cute lotion bars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love the lotion bar Chandra made me - I had to try and make it look all smooth again for the pictures since I've been using it so much!

      Delete

 

.

.

Meet Rebekah

I think womanhood and motherhood should be fun, and I want that fun to be obtainable for everyone. You won't find any difficult crafts requiring tons of supplies, Nordstrom handbags, or recipes that call for 10 different organic ingredients you don't already have in your pantry, here. What you will find, is fun, affordable, and easy ways to uplift your life. Simple CAN be sophisticated ;) -Bekah