Fun with Elephants and Spray Paint

 



Fun With Elephants and Spray Paint



Love elephants? Have a need for some fun and cheap decor ideas? Well look no further my friends..






It all started when I wandered into a Wal-mart one late afternoon while searching for the best birthday gift that I could afford, for my nephew, who had a love for (you guessed it) elephants! 

I came across some animal figurines in the toy section only priced at a dollar a piece, and low and behold, I was able to find a few elephants in the mix!






 I decided that giving him a few cheapo-looking elephant toys just wasn't going to cut it, and so I used some of my leftover spray paint from a previous project, and painted them white. 






I then decided to paint the tips of their husks in various colors (using my nail polish stash) that I knew would go along with his room's color theme. And the result? Something I consider to be very Anthropologie-esk (new word I just created), and it only cost me $3!!  I don't have pictures of the three elephants that I created for my nephew, but I have created one that is sweet and feminine for my daughter's shelf in her nursery.



You Will Need:
  • Animal Figurines - You can purchase them at the dollar store or Wal-Mart
  • Spray Paint - I used Rustoleum 2X Ultra Color in Satin White ($3.77 at Wal-Mart)
  • A well ventilated area
  • News paper or a cardboard box
  • Fun nail polish colors or other paints
  • Your imagination!

Directions:
  • Spray figurine with paint in a small sweeping motion keeping a 1- 1 1/2ft distance.
  • Let dry 15-20 minutes, and repeat up to 2-3 times, being sure to get the undersides and cracks of the toys. Do not over spray, or you'll get drips!
  • Once completely dry, add fun touches with your nail polish stash, or other paints! 







You can do this with all kinds of animal figurines, not just elephants, so have fun!!


Crafts Home 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

.

.

Meet Rebekah

I think womanhood and motherhood should be fun, and I want that fun to be obtainable for everyone. You won't find any difficult crafts requiring tons of supplies, Nordstrom handbags, or recipes that call for 10 different organic ingredients you don't already have in your pantry, here. What you will find, is fun, affordable, and easy ways to uplift your life. Simple CAN be sophisticated ;) -Bekah