Tissue Paper Shamrock Nail Art


Tissue Paper Shamrock Nail Art

I'd like to think that most people are like me; no matter how many Youtube tutorials or toothpicks and bobbi pins I go through, I will never be able to skillfully paint little designs on my nails. I've tried stickers that have fallen off about an hour in, smeared colors together, peeled off previous layers trying to do tape tricks.. you get the picture.



I thought of this idea after yet another failed attempt at adding a design to my nails. I remember the ease of modge podging the tissue paper to all kinds of things at girl's camp when I was younger, and thought, 'You might be on to something, Bekah'. 

For this particular nail art, I used a small heart-shaped hole puncher that I purchased at Joann Fabrics for $4.50 after using a 40% off coupon that can always be found online, and on your mobile device at check-out. There are lots of fun things you can do with heart shapes, so it was fully justified. 

Next door to our Joann's is a Dollar Tree where I purchased green tissue paper for - you guessed it, a dollar! 

So without further ado, here is a quick tutorial on a super easy way to get perfect St.Patty's Day Nails!

What you will need:


  1. Heart shaped hole puncher
  2. Green tissue paper
  3. Tweezers
  4. Base color nail polish (I used Snow Me White by Sinful Colors $1.99 at most drug and department stores)
  5. Clear top coat

Step one: Paint nails with base color polish and allow to dry completely.

Step two: Punch out hearts in tissue paper. I found that punching through multiple layers at a time allowed for a crisper cut - when I tried to punch individual layers at a time they just tore. 






Step three: Paint nail that you have chosen for the shamrock with clear coat.



Step four: Using tweezers, carefully pick up heart shapes and arrange on nail in the shape of a shamrock. 



Step five: Apply another layer of clear top coat - and voila!!


I hope you found this as easy as I did! Stay safe, and don't get pinched this St.Patty's Day.

-Bekah
Beauty fashion DIY

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

.

.

Meet Rebekah

I think womanhood and motherhood should be fun, and I want that fun to be obtainable for everyone. You won't find any difficult crafts requiring tons of supplies, Nordstrom handbags, or recipes that call for 10 different organic ingredients you don't already have in your pantry, here. What you will find, is fun, affordable, and easy ways to uplift your life. Simple CAN be sophisticated ;) -Bekah